Fry Up a Breakfast Tamale
Try frying your tamale for a delicious breakfast!
- Heat your pan on your stovetop on medium heat.
- Add a small amount of cooking oil or butter and allow it to simmer.
- Then place the tamales on the stovetop to heat.
- Once your tamale heats on both sides, use the pan for cooking yourself a side of eggs and salsa!
Alternatively, you can use your air fryer! Preheat your air fryer up to 375ºF, place tamales in the air fryer basket, and cook for 8 minutes!
Steam for Soft Tamales
For softer tamales, you can steam your tamales:
- Place your thawed tamales with the corn husk and steam in a stockpot.
- Steam tamales with a rice cooker or slow cooker for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Steam tamales in the microwave by wrapping them in a damp paper towel and heating for 3 to 5 minutes.
Reheat Your Tamales Slowly
Get the juicy benefits of heating your tamales slowly in an oven.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Avoid drying them out beforehand.
- Wrap your tamales in tin foil.
If you’ve defrosted your tamales, they may be ready in about 15 to 20 minutes. If frozen, give them about 25 minutes.
The Best Tamales are En El Comal
Many customers prefer reheating tamales using a comal, also known as a griddle:
- Allow your tamales to thaw out for thirty minutes.
- Set your stovetop to medium to high heat.
- Place the tamales (with the husk) on the griddle.
Some people prefer to char the husks on all sides for a bit of crunch!
Thank You for Enjoying the Best Tamales in Texas!