Privacy and Security Policies
Our Commitment to Privacy
Delgar Food, LLC (“Delia’s”) is committed to your privacy. We want you to be familiar with how and why we collect, use, protect, retain, and disclose your personal information. This Privacy and Data Security Policy is intended to comply with U.S. data protection and privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act and Nevada Online Privacy Law, and describes our practices in connection with personal information that we collect online and offline. This policy is effective on June 1, 2022.
What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as a natural person or relates to an identifiable natural person. We collect and process the following Personal Information:
- Personal contact information such as name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Date of birth;
- Business contact information such as business address, telephone number and email address;
- Information necessary to provide our products and services to you or your organization;
- Payment, credit, and transaction information for billing purposes;
- Purchase history;
- Instructions, comments, and opinions you provide when you contact us directly by email, chat, online forms, telephone, or mail;
- Your opinions via surveys we send to you regarding current services, potential new services that may be offered, the Website, or other matters;
- Information that you choose to provide to us when you interact with us;
- Location data;
- Employment related information if you are an employee of Delia’s or are applying for a job with us;
- Browser and device information such as such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the online service or software you are using.
- App usage data such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies such as the address of the page you are visiting, the address of the referrer page you previously visited, the time you are viewing the page, your browsing environment, and your display settings.
- IP addresses;
- Third party analytics information regarding website traffic behavior, bounce rate, pages visited, and time spent on a page.
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity; and
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
In addition to the Personal Information that you provide to us when you interact with us, we collect Personal Information through the following sources:
- Our Online Services. We collect Personal Information through our website, social media sites, apps, and other online services.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website’s or other online service’s computers and stored on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Delia’s service. Delia’s uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to: Access your information when you “sign in”; keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Delia’s services; display local product offerings; estimate and report Delia’s total audience size and traffic; conduct research to improve Delia’s content and services. Delia’s cookies do not collect personal information, and Delia’s does not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your username or email address is.
- Authentication partners: If you register for or log into our services using third party credentials (e.g. Facebook), we will import your information from such third party to help create your account with us.
- Technical service partners: We work with technical service partners that provide us with certain data, such as mapping IP addresses to non-precise location data (e.g., city, state), to enable us to provide Delia’s content and features.
- Advertisers and other advertising partners: We may obtain certain data about you, such as cookie id, mobile device id, or email address, and inferences about your interests and preferences from certain advertisers and advertising partners that allow us to deliver more relevant ads and measure their effectiveness.
How We Use Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information. We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and personalize Delia’s products.
- To understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues for the Delia’s website and other online services.
- To evaluate and develop new features, technologies, and improvements to Delia’s website and other online services.
- To comply with legal obligations and law enforcement requests.
- To conduct business planning, reporting, marketing, and forecasting.
- To process your payment.
- To detect fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use on Delia’s website.
- To conduct research, contests, surveys, and sweepstakes.
- To send you our newsletters, publications, updates, and mailings related to our products and services;
How We Disclose Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information as follows:
- To our employees and affiliates for the purposes described in this Policy;
- To our third party service providers and trusted business partners to facilitate services they provide to us;
- To public authorities in response to lawful requests by public authorities to comply with law enforcement requirements
- To others when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so.
How Long We Retain Personal Information
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide our products and services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our products and services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions or communications for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal rights (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. Your Delia’s account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) for registration Delia’s encrypts that information using Authorize.net. Delia’s follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Delia’s receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Delia’s strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, Delia’s cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How to Request, Edit, and Delete Account and Personal Information
You can change your Delia’s Account Information (except your username), at any time. Delia’s limits access to personal information about you to employees who Delia’s believes reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Your Delia’s Account Information is password-protected.
If your personally identifiable information changes you may correct or update it by making the change on your Delia’s account page. You may delete or deactivate your account by emailing Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your security, you must send the account deletion request from the same email address that you use to log into your account. Delia’s will respond to your request within 10-20 business days. Please note that your identification, billing and contact information may remain in Delia’s records for some period.
Privacy Notice and Rights for California Residents
- You have the right to know about the personal information we collected and disclosed about you and your household during the prior 12 months including:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you and your household, and
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you, and your household including the categories of sources from which your personal information was collected, business or commercial purposes for which your personal information was collected, the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for disclosing your personal information to a third party.
- You have the right to request us to delete the personal information that we have collected or maintained about you and your household. We will delete your personal information by permanently erasing the information on our existing systems, de-identifying the personal information, or aggregating the personal information. If your personal information is stored on or archived or back-up systems, we will delete the personal information when our archived or back-up system is next accessed or used. We will also direct the third parties to whom we have provided your personal information to delete your personal information.
You can request access to or deletion of your personal information or the personal information of your household by submitting a request to us by emailing us at: [EMAIL ADDRESS] or calling us at: [TOLL-FREE NUMBER]. To protect the security of your personal information, we will require you to provide us with identifying information for you or your household such as email address, telephone number, a description of the product or service you purchased or inquired about, and/or other information that we can match with the personal information we have collected about you or your household to verify your identities.
You may use an authorized agent to request access to or deletion of your personal information or the personal information of your household. We will require your authorized agent to provide us with either (1) a power of attorney authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf or (2) your written authorization permitting the authorized agent to request access to your personal information on behalf of you or your household. Further, we will require you or your authorized agent to provide us with identifying information to verify your identity and/or the identities or your household members.
Within 10 days of receiving your request to know, we will confirm receipt of your request and provide information about how we will process your request. Generally, we will respond to your request within 45 days. If we need more time to respond, we will provide you with notice and an explanation of the reason we need more time to respond. We may deny your request if we cannot verify your identity or are legally permitted to deny your request. If we deny your request, we will explain the basis for the denial, provide or delete any personal information that is not subject to the denial, and refrain from using the personal information retained for any purpose other than permitted by the denial. We will maintain a record of your request and our response for 24 months.
You have the right to receive our products and services on equal terms regardless of whether or not you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Individual California residents also have the right under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) to request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to our affiliates or third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties or our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties or affiliates. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. Individual California Users must submit their requests to us either by email at: [EMAIL ADDRESS] or write us at the mailing address in the Contact Us section below. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified in this section.
Your web browser may have a “Do Not Track” feature that is intended to automatically inform websites you visit to not track your online activities. Our Website does not process or respond to these “Do Not Track” signals from your browser.
Privacy Notice and Rights for Nevada Residents
Although we do not sell your personal information, you have the right to direct us not to sell certain personally identifiable information that we collect about you on our Websites or other online services by emailing us at: [EMAIL ADDRESS] This information includes: your first name or first initial and last name in combination with your social security number; driver’s license number, driver authorization card number or identification card number; account number, credit card number or debit card number, in combination with any required security code, access code or password that would permit access to your financial account; medical identification number or a health insurance identification number; user name, unique identifier or electronic mail address in combination with a password, access code or security question and answer that would permit access to an online account.
Additionally, you may review and request that we change the personally identifiable information that we collect about you on our websites or other online services by emailing us at: [EMAIL ADDRESS].
Our products and services are not intended for those under the age of 18, and we will not knowingly collect Personal Information from such individuals under the age of 18.
If you have questions or suggestions you can submit them to email@example.com or by postal mail to Delgar Foods, LLC Attn: Customer Support; 106 W Nolana Loop, Pharr, TX 78577.