Compliment your next tamale dinner with a side dish! Delia’s tamales are the main attraction at the dinner table, but adding a side dish will make the rest of your meal sing. Make a complete, well-balanced meal with all nutritional properties to create the perfect harmonious dish. Here are three easy dishes you can make that pair beautifully with Delia’s Tamales.
You can order tamales online now for the holiday season!
“It’s CORN, I can’t imagine a more beautiful thing!” Corn has plenty of fiber, vitamin C, Magnesium, and Potassium making the vegetable highly beneficial. Implementing this healthy esquite recipe into your dish will have the whole table a-maized.
- Chili Powder
- Chipotle Chili Powder
- Sweet Corn
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Green Onions
- Cotija Cheese
- Black Beans
- Mexican Crema
- Preheat oven grill to medium-high heat at about 375-400 F
- Add mayo, yogurt, lime juice, paprika, cayenne, chili powder, chipotle powder, and salt and pepper for taste in a small bowl. Mix evenly until the texture is smooth. Set aside.
- Shuck fresh corn and place on the grill, grilling each side for three to four minutes or until charred. Once the corn is cooled, slice corn off the cob into a bowl.
- Lastly, assemble the salad by thoroughly mixing all ingredients.
Papas con Rajas
Pressed for time? Make a filling portion of papas con rajas. This traditional Mexican cuisine contains potatoes, poblano peppers, and plenty of spices. The poblano improves heart health, eyes, and skin and prevents diabetes, making this dish healthy and delicious.
- 4 Peeled & Cubed Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- ¼ Diced Onions
- 4 Roasted, Steamed, Peeled, Stem-Removed, Seeded & Sliced Poblanos
- 1 Cup of shredded Cheese
- Add potatoes and water to a pot
- Boil for ten minutes or until soft
- Drain & set aside
- Add oil to skillet and add onions
- Cook until onions are translucent
- Add poblano peppers
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes
- Add potatoes to the mixture
- Season with salt and pepper, and add shredded cheese
Have your family get their veggie intake of the day with this unique cactus salad. Nopales are a great source of vitamins and fiber.
- 2lb Cactus Pads
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Large White Onion
- 12 Sprigs of Cilantro
- 6 Oz Ranchero Cheese
- ½ Tablespoon Salt
- Cute the cactus pad in mid to large cubes
- Place cactus’ in pan and cover in water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- For about 10 minutes, use the time to skim the jelly-like remnants that naturally come from the cactus.
- Drain the cactus and rinse
- Dice tomatoes & onions
- Finely chop cilantro
- Sift ranchero cheese on top
- Mix the mixture in a bowl, and serve.
Order Tamales Online and Pair with These Side Dishes
Although something may be delicious, it does not mean it makes a good pairing with another dish. Know which dishes work better together to create the right type of tamales.
- Esquite can pair well with any of our savory tamales, including pork tamales!
- Papas Con Rajas pair well with Spicy Chicken or Chicken and Cheese tamales.
- Cactus Salad should be eaten only with savory tamales, not so much sweet ones. We recommend Bean, cheese, and jalapeños or the Verracruzano.
Order Tamales Online Today
Order tamales online in time for the holidays! The holiday season can be a busy time, so ensure your main course arrives in time. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates this season.