It’s time to celebrate tamales on March 23! In honor of their cultural history, Mexican food lover Richard Lambert began the first National Tamales Day on March 23, 2015, in Santa Barbara, California. Originating around 7000 B.C. in the Aztec empire, tamales have become a staple in Latin American cuisine. We want to offer a few ways to celebrate with your family on this special day.
Three Ways to Celebrate This Day
To show your appreciation for National Tamales Day, try one of the following activities to celebrate:
● Enjoy Delia’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
● Gather your family together to make tamales.
● Throw a fun tamales party with your closest family and friends.
Don’t Forget Your Sides
Delia’s offers salsas, salads, and horchata drinks to enjoy with your tamales! However, we encourage you to get creative in your kitchen add more sides for your National Tamales Day celebration.
Try the following mashups:
● Rice and Beans and our spicy chicken tamales.
● Fried Eggs paired with our beef tamales are a big hit!
● Mac and Cheese go great with our bean or pork tamales.
● Jicama Salad with our sweet cream cheese or Veracruzano tamales.
● Mexican Street Corn with chicken and cheese tamales cooked in green sauce.
Visit Our San Antonio Location
Take Advantage of Our Nationwide Shipping!
Order online today to receive your tamales just in time for National Tamales Day! Reach out to us online if you have any questions about our shipping or tamales. Follow and tag us enjoying this special day on Instagram and Facebook.