A quick insight into the history of the tamale will tell you that this delicious meal has been around since 7,000 B.C. After being passed down from generation to generation and being adapted to modern society, tamales are still loved by all. And in the Rio Grande Valley, there’s no better place to enjoy these mouth-watering treats than at Delia’s. Although we carry a variety of flavors, our cheese tamales are almost universally loved. Let’s talk more about them!
All About Queso
Cheese dates back over 4,000 years ago with evidence being found on Egyptian tomb murals. It’s been transformed and subcategorized into different flavors with various consistencies. In 1970, it was estimated that Americans were eating up to eight pounds of cheese per year. Today, that number has climbed to 23 pounds! Also, one-third of milk produced each year in the U.S. is used to make cheese! There are even numerous festivals across the world dedicated to it!
All Wrapped into One
Is it any surprise that queso has made its way into our tamales? From cream cheese to traditional cheeses, these two culturally-rich components make a delicious meal that everyone loves, creating a difficult question: Which of our cheese tamales is your favorite?
- Chicken and Cheese – A perfectly portioned masa tamale housing a mixture of delectable chicken and cheese. They’ll make your mouth water while waiting in line.
- Bean and Cheese – A classic flavor. Bean and cheese have always had a merry relationship, but mixed in a tamale make them even better.
- Bean, Cheese and Jalapeno – For those needing some extra kick in their food, go for our bean, cheese and jalapeno tamales!
- Spicy Chicken and Cheese – This ingredient mixture has just the right amount cheese to keep the spices from being overpowering.
- Chicken and Cheese cooked in Green Sauce – Our famous green sauce transforms this tamale into a melt-in-your-mouth, finger-licking dish.
- Cream Cheese and Jalapeno – Sweet yet spicy. If your taste buds need a sweet kick, then this is the perfect combination that you’ll love.
- Sweet Cream Cheese Tamales – Dessert in a tamale? Yes, it’s an amazing dessert that’s so good that we can bet you won’t eat just one.
Shipping Your Favorite Tamales All Across the Nation
If you want to taste the most popular tamales in South Texas for yourself, then good news because we ship across the United States! These tamales have been requested in all parts of the U.S. Choose from 19 different flavors, order a minimum of 15 dollars’ worth and pick your shipping preference. Before you know it, you’ll have tasty tamales at your doorstep!