When it comes to tamales, everyone knows that they’re one of the most delicious foods around. The same goes for the refreshing flavor of Aguas Frescas! But did you know that the two together are a match made in heaven? In fact, Delia’s is so obsessed with the pairing that we put together a list of the best Agua Fresca flavors and their ideal tamale pairing! Check it out!
The Best Matchups
In the age of pre-Columbian civilization, people made Aguas Frescas depending on the fruit that was in season. This ensured that the drinks were at their optimal flavor! Luckily for you, Delia’s provides a wide variety of Aguas Frescas year-round! And, after some hard work and research, we’ve decided on the best pairings:
- Horchata and Spicy Pork Tamales – the sweet, almost-creamy flavor of the horchata is the perfect way to follow a delicious bite of our spicy pork tamales.
- Jamaica and Spicy Chicken and Cheese Tamales – the tanginess that Jamaica is known for provides the ideal refreshment after a hearty and fiery spicy chicken tamale.
- Pineapple and Bean, Cheese, and Jalapeño Tamales – when it comes to the robust flavor of our beans and the kick that only fresh jalapeños provide, a pineapple Agua Fresca is the only way to follow it.
- Mango and Beef Tamales – Our beef tamales may have just one filling, but they’re packed with flavor. It’s why the sweetness of our mango Agua Fresca is the perfect match.
- Melon and Cream Cheese and Jalapeño Tamales – Our melon Agua Fresca is as refreshing and sweet as our cream cheese and jalapeño tamale. This pairing is a no-brainer.
- Lemonade and Veracruzano Chicken Tamales – Veracruzano tamales are large and full of robust flavors that are every bit as traditional as the always-trusted lemon Agua Fresca.
Feel free to experiment with your very own combinations!
Order Tamales Online!
Whether you’re in McAllen and craving an Agua Fresca, in Pharr and wanting Menudo, or in San Antonio and dying for some tamales, there’s a Delia’s near you! In fact, you can have our delicious tamales delivered to your door no matter where you live! Order tamales online or give us a call if you have any questions.